December 2018 Newsletter
December 4, 2018 by Brenda Fairfax No Comment
MERRY CHRISTMAS, HEALTHY, PROSPEROUS, AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Please remember to give thanks for your many blessings. We have so much to be thankful for, and we are certainly thankful for our health, family, friends, home, clients, and referrals.
WHAT IS NOMADIC STAR TRAVEL, LLC CURRENTLY WORKING?
- Group cruise to Far East with Holland America (clients from California, Oregon, New York and Illinois), December 2018-January 2019
- Clients from Virginia, Illinois, Florida, Maryland and North Carolina for Smooth Jazz Cruise, 2019
- Claflin University’s students studying abroad in Dubai until February 2019
- Couple in North Carolina, Eastern Caribbean Cruise, March 2019
- Two couples in Greenville, NC for cruise on Viking, August 2019
- One couple in Las Vegas, cruise with Crystal Cruises, May 2019
- Group cruise to Alaska in June 2019
- Group cruise to Australia and New Zealand, November 2019
- Preparing for Cruise 360 (April 2019), Fort Lauderdale, FL to stay abreast of the travel market, and share ideas with you
- Smooth Jazz Cruise 2020
Nomadic Star Travel, LLC is a full-service travel agency dedicated to giving the client personal attention to each and every travel request. We are happy to provide one quote free, so sharing your budget and all required details are important, as we do not want to offer travel that is not within your budget. We accept all major credit/debit cards and personal checks as long as checks are made payable to the agency and arrive seven (7) days prior to payment date. Now is the time to plan your travel. We offer travel by land, air and sea. We offer travel to individuals and groups, and have a convenient payment plans
Hours for Nomadic Star Travel, LLC:
- Monday-Friday: 9am-5pm
- Friday: 9am-4pm
- Closed Saturday, Sunday, and ALL major holidays
There is one caveat to our hours of operation. When we have students traveling abroad, we can always be contacted by telephone or email by the college or university staff.
Travel, Accident and Baggage Insurance We cannot stress enough the importance of purchasing travel, accident and baggage insurance. We never know when, or if, we will need such insurance, but it is better to be covered than not. Insurance is sold by us through Travel Guard. There are many policies to choose from, and children are automatically covered through their parents’ policy.
Engagement. If you are interested in receiving specials (by email or postal mail) please visit the website and complete the Contact Us link. We will need your address (not PO Box) and telephone number. We will only mail specials that we think you may be interested, for example: we will not mail Disney specials if you do not have children.
In November’s newsletter I wrote about the busiest airports for Thanksgiving travel. This newsletter will cover “Can I fly with that?” The airline rules on musical instruments, sporting equipment and more. When it comes to packing, some things are harder than others. This is what you need to know about guitars, surfboards, wine and more.
In this world nothing can be certain except death and taxes! Travelers can also expect hikes to airline baggage fees unfortunately. 2018 has been the first major year since 2013 to see a rash of baggage fees hikes among airlines. In August, both JetBlue Airways and United Airlines raised checked baggage fees on domestic U. S. flights by $5, with the first checked bag costing $30 for flights in North America, Central America and the Caribbean. Air Canada and WestJet immediately followed with similar changes, and within weeks, competitors American Airlines and Delta Air Lines announced changes that paralleled these. According to U. S Bureau of Transportation statistics, the U. S. airline industry collected $2.4 billion in the first six months of 2018, up 7% from the same period a year earlier, and is on tract to total more than $4 billion for the year.
Baggage fees are big business, a business thriving at the expense of consumers who squint at the fine print while packing the night before a trip, only to find that they will need to be ready to pay more tat the airport. Thankfully airlines typically have a webpage featuring the details of what (and what isn’t — looking at you, sports parachutes and scuba air tanks) allowed as checked luggage, and any fees or packaging details that may be associated. Delta is one of the most comprehensive, even volunteering information on how to check a Christmas tree (“adequately packaged with the root ball or cut base and all branches wrapped and secured using a burlap type material,” in case you were wondering).
These details should assist on the most common categories of extra baggage:
- Musical instruments – Violins can come on board with you, but cellos may need their own seat. Small musical instruments like violins and wind instruments may be carried on the plan as cabin baggage, but do protect them with a hard-shell case. The larger instruments that require special accommodations. Some airlines may offer the option to purchase an extra seat for these with more than 72 hours advance notice.
- Sporting equipment – Golf clubs, surfboards, bicycles, skis and snowboard gear are the most common checked baggage. Airlines will accept appropriately packaged and protected items as wide-ranging as spearguns, javelins, snowshoes, scuba gear, and in some cases, even entire kayaks.
- Everything else – Check with your airlines as all airlines and not wine-friendly.
According to a U. S. Department of Transportation Report dated August 2018, these are the U. S. airlines most often guilty of mishandling baggage:
- #12 Spirit Airlines
- #11 Delta Air Lines
- #10 JetBlue Airways
- #9 Hawaiian Airlines
- #8 Frontier Airlines
- #7 Southwest Airlines
- #6 Alaska Airlines
- #5 United Airlines
- #4 American Airlines
- #3 Skywest Airlines
- #2 Envoy Airlines
- #1 ExpressJet Airlines
These airports have been ranked as the best airports in America. This data was collected from the Department of Transportation, travelers and third parties.
- #15 Chicago Midway International Airport
- #14 Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport
- #13 Daniel K. Inouye International Airport in Honolulu
- #12 Miami International Airport
- #11 Las Vegas McCarran International Airport
- #10 Ronald Regan Washington National Airport
- #9 George H. W. Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston
- #8 Washington-Dulles International Airport
- #7 Philadelphia International Airport
- #6 Charlotte Douglas International Airport
- #5 Tampa International Airport
- #4 San Diego International Airport
- #3 Portland International Airport
- #2 Salt Lake City International Airport
- #1 Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
Carnival Cruise Lines Updated Smoking Policy reads, in part:
- Any violation of this policy will result in a $500 charge, per violation, posted on the guest’s Sail & Sign account and may also result in the disembarkation of all guests in the stateroom.
- Guests who are disembarked for violating our policy will be responsible for all financial charges and expenses to return home, and no refund of their unused cruise fare will be provided. Additionally, they may be prohibited from sailing with Carnival Cruise Line in the future.
- For travelers who smoke and are considering a Carnival cruise, the line still permits smoking in the designated areas on the exterior decks of its ships and in the casino and nightclub. The remainder of each ship is a smoke-free zone. The smoking ban includes cigarettes, cigars, pipes, vaporizers, electronic cigarettes and marijuana, with Carnival prohibiting possession and use of marijuana.
Planning Multigenerational Travel Our #1 priority is to match the budget and group dynamics with adventures that all can enjoy together. We will make contact with each family member with authority, to find out what they want, remembering to take everyone’s age and ability to travel into account as well. This way we can narrow potential destinations and activities. If families create a fun list of vacation destinations and make it a priority to plan these trips over the years of spring break summer and holiday vacations, this gives us the plan for their vacation and ideas for the future.
Getting married? Looking for one of six top honeymoon destinations?
- Lucia – The beaches, rainforest, luxury resorts, cuisine, history, lush landscape and majestic Pitons on St. Lucia’s west coast make this island in the Eastern Caribbean perfect for romance, especially for those who want to explore their adventurous side. After a full day, relax with a mud bath at the volcanic Sulphur Springs in Soufriere, or indulge your sweet tooth by booking a cocoa plantation tour at Hotel Chocolate, where guests can make their own chocolate bar.
- Jamaica– Blissful couples seeking a more laid-back vibe will enjoy the allure of Jamaica, where the reggae music genre was born. Newlyweds can enjoy the waterfall vistas on an excursion to Blue Hole in the Ocho Rios area or a romantic sea salt and hot stone massage.
- Bora Bora and Tahitian Islands overwater bungalows, true luxury, wellness and spas are a few ways to describe Bora Boraand the Tahitian Islands as an exotic honeymoon destination.
- Riviera Maya, Mexicolends more luxury treatment with a shorter travel time for a postnuptial getaway along Mexico’s northeastern Yucatan Peninsula. Take a day trip inland along the Yucatan Peninsula to visit the Mayan ruins at Chichén Itzá and climb to the top of El Castillo, an awe-inspiring temple pyramid. Or be “wowed” by a spectacular show at Xcaret, an eco-archeological park, where 300 artists recreate the history of Mexico.
- Italy has many cities that offer the allure of romance coupled with thousands of years of culture. For those who want to spend time on the beach, consider a relaxing honeymoon on theAmalfi Coast to admire the cerulean blue waters and breathtaking cliff-top views. Spend time in Florence, the epicenter of Renaissance culture, and experience private museums tours, cooking classes, and day trips to local cities like Pisa. Or, while on an excursion to Pompeii, explore the remnants of an ancient Roman town preserved by volcanic ash.
- Hawaii – The Hawaiian Islands are not only an amazing travel destination, but also easy for American newlyweds to reach for their honeymoons as passports are not required! Every Hawaiian island has its own distinct flair and attractions. Mauioffers luxury beachfront resorts and the epic Road to Hana Oahu draws honeymooners with its urban-metro feel and world-class surfing. In Kauai, happy couples can explore jaw-dropping natural wonders by hiking to the cascading Wailua Falls.
Check before departing your cruise ship. In July 2018 we had a group of 62 clients on a cruise ship. Unfortunately, one of the clients forgot his wallet and realized it was missing one day after getting off the ship. Please remember, ships come in to port and when you get off, other guests are waiting to get on the ship. We cannot stress enough the importance of checking your safe, drawers, and the floor as it is possible items may have fallen on the floor, and possibly rolled under the bed. Luckily, the room steward was honest and returned the lost wallet to Lost and Found. In the meantime, stress was felt by the guest, the coordinator and of course our agency. Remember, when you book with a travel agency, the cruise line only deals with travel agents. The coordinator notified Nomadic Star Travel, LLC by text message on a Sunday evening approximately 10:00pm, and I immediately sent an email to my Business Development Officer requesting she send an email to the ship. I advised the coordinator to have the client cancel all credit cards that were in the wallet. The coordinator for the cruise completed the report as requested. Nomadic Star Travel, LLC was notified this week that the wallet had been turned in … a great ending. The cruise line always returns items, but the guest pays the expenses for shipping.
Ten Happiest Countries in the World (according to a recent poll)
- Finland consistently ranks among the top education systems in the world, occasionally only beaten out by South Korea, Japan, and Singapore. Much of that educational success comes from a widespread reverence for teachers, who are required to have a master’s degree (state-funded), and a pedagogical system that focuses less on quantitative testing and more on experiential learning and equal opportunity. This year, Finland also topped the list for the happiest immigrants.
- Norway is the second-happiest country in the world. Like the UN shows, year after year, in it Human Development Report, where Norway has taken the top spot for 13 years in a row, there is more to the country that makes it so livable—and its people so happy.
- Denmark rates near the top in all the metrics the data geeks at the U.N. pored over for the report—life expectancy, social support, and generosity among them—but it is also a country hugely committed to renewable energy production. Denmark’s happiness to a number of different categories, including trust in the government, economic security, freedom, civil participation, and work-life balance.
- Iceland ranks high in terms of the proportion of respondents who said they felt like they had a fellow citizen to count on when the going gets rough. This perhaps became most obvious in the wake of the country’s post 2007 financial collapse and subsequent revitalization.
- Switzerlandis a country where everything is voted on, and referendums down to the local level happen many times a year. This system of direct democracy means that Swiss citizens feel an unparalleled sense of participation in their country’s evolution, from landmark decisions on human rights to whether a new traffic light should be installed in their neighborhood.
- Netherlandshappiness starts young. A 2013 Unicef report rated Dutch children the happiest in the world, based on a number of metrics related to educational well-being, safety, and health.
- Canadais yet another reason for Americans to grab their best hiking boots and head north. The only country from the Americas to have made it into the top ten, Canada’s number-seven place is proof that money isn’t everything, as it beats out its neighbor (the U.S. came at number 18).
- New Zealandedges out its neighbor Australia. Kiwis are a warm, welcoming bunch from satisfaction not only when they’re out and about, but also in the workplace. We would guess the country’s vast natural wealth— its beaches, vineyards and mountains play a role, too.
- Australia In addition to a healthy work-life balance and “no worries” stress levels, Australians also have one of the highest life expectancies in the world (82.15 years). Down Under is also one of the most accepting countries for migrants, according to the report, and comes in sixth in the happiness ranking for foreign-born residents.
Travel, Accident and Baggage Insurance. We always encourage our clients to purchase travel, accident and baggage insurance. You never know when you may need the insurance and it is best to have it, than not. Here are some of the top reasons travel insurance claims are delayed or denied, and just remember it typically takes 30 days from reporting a claim for a final decision.
- Are you sure your policy covered you for this kind of claim? An example is flight delays, which need to be for three hours or more.
- If you are sick, what was diagnosed by a professional?When did you report that to the insurance company? Insurance companies need proof, and without notes form your doctor, you are probably going to have a problem getting your claim approved. Insurance should be purchased within the first 15 days of booking your travel. You must document when your sought medical treatment, and seeking treatment prior to returning home and saving all medical documentation is critical to prove both your expense and the fact that an event occurred.
Please take these important steps regarding your insurance:
- Gather all paperwork and documentation in advance and ensure you have all claims-related medical documents and/or police reports prior t0 returning home.
- Read your travel insurance policy language and make sure you understand the language prior to departure.
- Purchase travel insurance as early as possible to increase your eligibility for time-sensitive benefits and to ensure your trip cost is accurate.
- Expect claim processing delays following major travel events, like hurricanes.
Tourism Travel – China is Taking Over. Chinese tourists now are as varied as those from any other country and often much wealthier. In only three decades, the Chinese have gone from easily stereotyped, rube, new tourists to conquerors of the industry. After hundreds of millions of visits and billions of dollars showered around the world, Chinese tourists now hail from the middle, rich and the very rich classes. Fewer travel in groups. Some still enrage destinations with their thoughtlessness. Others are welcomed for their enthusiasm and unique points of view. Above all, the Chinese are changing tourism around the world.
Emotional Support Animals. This is a heads-up. The Department of Transportation is reviewing more than 4,400 public comments as it determines whether it should end a federal requirement that airlines allow passengers to bring emotional support animals onto flights. No timeline has been set for completion of the decision process.
Looking for Some of the Best Places to Travel in 2019?
- Alberta’s Rocky Mountain, Canada– What could be a better wellness destination than the residence of more winter Olympic athletes than anywhere else in Canada?
- Detroit, Michigan has given the world iconic dishes such as square pizza and Asian corned beef.
- Franklin, Tennessee has the whiskey and war history to rival Nashville.
- Maui, Hawaii is coming out of Oahu’s shadow with its quiet beaches and great restaurants.
- Park City, Utah has world-class skiing, and also some unique yoga adventures to explore the snowless slopes on a mountain bike.
- Puebla, Mexico tends to get overshadowed by better known places like Oaxaca.
- Puerto Ricois open for business, with some help from Lin-Manuel Miranda. I was there in September, and again last month with clients and we had a lovely time.
- Saratoga Springs, New York is not just for horse people. It is a nature escape with great food too.
- Scottsdale, Arizona It’s young, cool side is just starting to emerge.
- Telluride, Coloradois for adventure seekers that want to spend all day in the great outdoors.
- Tofino, Canada on Vancouver Island, has world-class surf and unbelievable seafood.
- Salvadoris home to turquoise beaches and spicy Bahian food – a blend of Portuguese, African in indigenous Brazilian influences.
- Belgrade, Serbia has a wild nightlife scene, with clubs on barges and a burgeoning craft beer scene.
- Bologna, Italy is considered the birthplace of both tortellini pasta and tagliatelle alla Bolognese.
- Gothenberg, Swedenis Sweden’s second largest city and is setting the standard for sustainable dining in Scandinavia.
- Islay, Scotland, otherwise known as Whiskey Island, is where all of your scotch dreams come true.
- Provence, France is vying to become France’s next art capital.
- Bhutan is a hiker’s paradise that’s slowly opening up to the outside world.
Travel is a huge investment … let us help you.
Nomadic Star Travel, LLC would like to be “Your Passport to Adventure
“Where do I begin? This cruise was my first cruise. Does the wordrelaxing mean anything? It certainly does for me. The trip was refreshing, calming, and most of all just plain fun. Imagine been catered 24/7 with nearlyeverything being done for you, you just simple have to enjoy the moments.Our cabin was perfect with a balcony giving us a great view of the sea. Let me say, the morning breakfasts were to “die” for and dinners were spectacular.The events on the ship were numerous, there was entertainment so no boredom set in, and if anyone was bored, it is because you chose to be bored! to anextreme, so if you got bored on the cruise, it’s because you just wantedto be bored. I can not say anything negative about cruising on MSC’s Seaside. Looking forward to cruising on other cruise lines now! Thanks Nomadic Star Travel – you provided excellent service!”F. Moore (Alexandria, VA)First Cruise - Impressive on MSC
“You did it again! The Disney cruise was wonderful. My entire family had an amazing time. The adjoining staterooms and verandahs gave us plenty of room for the grandchildren to run and play and made babysitting so convenient. If this trip wasn’t as good as St. Lucia it was very close. Thank you for your expertise and attention to detail. Hawaii here we come!”Dr. S. Carraway (Winterville, NC)
W. Carlton (Durham, NC)
“The cruise was more than I expected, although I had issues with my knees. Services from your agency was good, although I had a glitch with receiving my documents (Oceania’s problem). The experience was great. Long range goal is to do this again. Thank you for working with us.”
Brenda and Jim,I cannot begin to express my gratitude for the marvelous service you provided to me and my group for my retirement cruise. Working with a group of 35 was no easy task but you went above and beyond expectations to insure that everyone’s needs were met. You gave new meaning to the term full service travel agency. I will cherish the many memories of our group as I move into retirement. Thanks again for you attention to details and for the way you pampered us. Please know that Nomadic Star Travel is now the official travel agency for Union Baptist Church.I am looking forward to planning more cruises and travel opportunities in the very near future.Wishing you all the best,Kenneth Hammond, Senior Pastor (Durham, NC)
“The Mediterrean Cruise to Monaco, France, Italy and Spain was a dream of a lifetime. Doing a cruise like this one was on my bucket list. The seven days on the Riveria were beautiful even though the weather was hot!!!!!! I’m used to hot weather, but the weather In those countries seemed a wee bit hotter than in Norh Carolina. The excursions and the visits in the cities were exciting and remarkable; however, the Riveria was something to behold. The hospitality and service were excellent and we enjoyed “our butler”, Leslie. Again, thanks for the opportunity to sail with you and Jim and we look forward to doing it again.”E. Edwards (Durham, NC)
Livingstone College, Salisbury, NC is in the infant stages of its international study abroad global initiative. This program includes sending Livingstone College students to other parts of the world and having students from institutions abroad come to Livingstone. To date there have been two students who travelled to Peru, South America, six students to Invertis University, Bareilly, India, and six students from Invertis University to Livingstone College from August- December 2016 and three Livingstone students for summer 2016 study in China.
Livingstone College used Nomadic Star Travel as the travel agent of record for Livingstone College student travel. When there are students and faculty travelling to distant parts of the world many things can happen to interrupt travel plans. For example, two students travelling to China arrived in Chicago only to discover their American Airlines flight to Beijing had been cancelled. Within minutes after being notified by my students, the Nomadic Star representative had me on a three-way call with the agent at the gate assisting my students. I was kept on the telephone until the students were re-routed via Japan to Shanghai, China.
Other instances of changes of departure and return flight times and dates were performed well by Nomadic Star Travel. Through this agent, Livingstone College was able to secure all of the necessary insurance coverages for international travel. Livingstone College is very pleased with the performance of Nomadic Star Travel, LLC.
E. M. Brown, Jr., Director, International Program
“Dear Brenda,A note to thank you so much for your extraordinary work in arranging our family trip to South Africa!! It was a beautiful, fun, fantastic adventure and we will remember it forever! That you took such great care, with grace and ease, in working out all the logistics for our group of ten is truly appreciated.Oceania is a wonderful company and does many things absolutely top notch on their beautiful ships. We especially enjoyed the terrific service, yummy cuisine, interesting excursions, the guest speakers and music groups and the very nice rooms with balconies that were awesome for viewing whales and sea lions! We had a delightful experience that included many individual, thoughtful surprises – including balloons in our room, singing and a special cake for Mom’s birthday celebrated on the ship. The holidays were also celebrated beautifully and we enjoyed ourselves immensely.South Africa is an awesome part of the world – not to be missed. The beautiful people, breathtaking and diverse environments, spectacular animals in the wild and in the sea…so much to enjoy and experience deeply. We were welcomed everywhere and treated kindly in every port. The days at sea on the Indian and Atlantic Oceans were beautiful and peaceful with an abundance of sights to observe and enjoy.We had SO much fun!!!Again, many thanks for your skill and efforts in making this wonderful trip possible of our family! Hope you like the pics…Nomadic Star Travel rocks!!With gratitude and appreciation,Dee and Daureen”Dee (Oregon) & Daureen (Chicago)
“WOW! What great help, for a great trip. Brenda and Nomadic Star helped the fifteen of us that traveled out to San Diego from Raleigh. We didn’t have one question about anything! Everything flowed together vey nicely for our trip. Thanks again!”L. Pippin (Greenville, NC)
“Thank you so much for all of your help with making this trip possible. Everything went very smoothly on the hotel end and we have no complaints. We had a very pleasant stay at the Double Tree. Thank you for your assistance I am so very appreciative as this was a huge commitment. We are very much looking forward to working with you again!”B. A. (Farmville, NC)
Just wanted to take a moment to send you a Heartfelt Thank You! I soooo enjoyed the Smooth Jazz Cruise and enjoyed both you and your husband Jim even more. I truly had a FANTASTIC time and look forward to doing business with you in the future. I will be recommending you to anyone that is in need of a GREAT Travel Agent! I am also extremely happy to be a part of the “family”!!!! Again, thank you so very much for all your help! I had a BLAST!!!!”S. Fondren (Lansing, IL)
“Hello Brenda, winning the cruise in the silent auction was truly a blessing for us. We are travelers, and once we got on the ship, a great time was had by all. We took full advantage of most cruise activities. We dined most meals in the formal dining room – all meals served and prepared to the finest. We now plan to incorporate additional cruises in our future. Thanks again Brenda!”Renee D. B-H. (Greenville, NC)
“We had a wonderful time on the Smooth Jazz Cruise 2015, and look forward to joining you again in the future.”Mel & Marsha W. (Naperville, IL)
Still on a cruise high since returning from Smooth Jazz Cruise. I had a great time.D. Pattani (Philadelphia, PA)
Thanks for everything.
“Oscar and I had so much fun on the Smooth Jazz Cruise, January 11-18, 2015. You and Jim were the perfect hosts from the time we met at the hotel with friends we had not seen since the last cruise. We especially liked you greeting us each night at dinner with great conversation about the fun activities of the day. Oscar and I really appreciate the reserved seating each night at shows. Nomadic Star Travel, YOU ROCK!”I. & O. Little (Baltimore, MD)
I am writing to thank you for our marvelous experience in the Bahamas on a Royal Caribbean cruise. Nomadic Star Travels provides the extra level of customer service that travelers need. From proactively sending me passport applications to checking on my family once we returned, Brenda Fairfax goes the extra mile. Mrs. Fairfax is courteous and prompt which adds value to time-starved mothers like myself who do not want to be involved in non-value added activities related to excessive follow-up. My sons are still talking about the cruise three months later. I would strongly recommend using Nomadic Star Travel to meet all of your travel needs.
Dr. M. Patterson (Greenville, NC)
“Many thanks to Mrs Fairfax for making my summer vacation worry-free and very affordable. I recently had to travel to Providence, RI and Baltimore, MD. I had limited time and funds for the trip. I attempted to make arrangements but had trouble coordinating flight schedules to be compatible with my need to be at several places at specific times. Arriving in Providence in time for my meeting without having to spend extra time there gave me the extra time I needed for Baltimore. I tried to do this myself without much success and my wife suggested Mrs. Fairfax who had successfully arranged other travel for her. Once I contacted Mrs Fairfax everything was handled more efficiently and inexpensively than what I was able to do on my on. The next time I travel I now have to make only one call!!Mr. E. German (Riverside, CA)
“Thanks Nomadic Star Travel for excellent service. Our graduation cruise in June 2014 was very nice. We enjoyed every thing and thanks for the t-shirts.”B. Matthews (Ellenwood, GA)
“Excellent service provided by Nomadic Star Travel. Wore burgundy t-shirts while onboard Queen Mary 2 in July 2014.”Dr. J. McKenzie (Hampton, VA)
“The cruise was wonderful! Everything went well. The food was delicious, the weather was very nice, the beach at Great Stirrup Cay was very relaxing for us. We enjoyed the straw markets on shore at Nassau and other shopping areas. NCL is the way to cruise! Thanks Nomadic Star Travel.”V. Boyd (Falkland, NC)
“The hotel was great. They even had complimentary cookies for all of us. They were extremely accommodating to our needs. We thank you for all that you have done as well. – Middle High School Trip to Washington, DC”L. V. (Farmville, NC)
“My first travel agent happens to be my very dear friend, Brenda (Nomadic Star Travel). All of my personal trips are completely taken care of by Brenda. I do not have to worry as she takes care of all details as if she was booking her own travel. I highly recommend Nomadic Star Travel if you are looking for travel agents that have that “personal” touch. Thanks Brenda.”G. Fanning (Alexandria, VA)
“I took my first and certainly not my last International trip to Spain and Europe with Jim and Brenda Fairfax of Nomadic Star Travel. It was an awesome experience, stellar service. You’re not just a client; you’re a friend and part of the family; the Nomadic Star Family! From the onset (booking, reservations) to culmination (departures, return), the trip was well organized, planned, and executed. Jim and Brenda are committed to their clients having a good time, their comfort, safety, and ensuring that your needs are met! They go above and beyond…From Artist to Entreprenuer, I can’t begin to tell you the people I’ve met while traveling with them and places I’ve experienced. Nomadic Star Travel is always my first travel choice!!! They provide that personal touch of elegance and luxury; service above and beyond.”S. Bymun (Chicago, IL)
“Awesome Smooth Jazz Cruise in January 2014. Wonderful group hosted by our friends, Jim and Brenda, owners of Nomadic Star Travel (NST). Delightful company, great music, fantastic food (group treated to specialty restaurant by owners one night while onboard), and superb service by NST. We were notified of all required actions from documentation, payment status, check-in status, and lodging accommodations prior to the cruise ~ kept abreast of every thing! If you have not traveled and want an agency that will provide personal attention to your travel needs, I highly recommend Nomadic Star Travel … they are true professionals! Your experience(s) will be memorable.”Oscar & Irene L. (Baltimore, MD)
“The services provided by Nomadic Star were personable, professional, efficient and all details were covered. Brenda is thoughtful and communicates everything needed for a successful trip. On a scale of 1 – 10 with 10 being the highest, I rate customer service for the company a 10. Thanks Brenda and James!”Jacqueline E. (New Jersey)
“Fantastic, outstanding, fun-filled nonstop entertainment on Smooth Jazz Cruise 2014. Dinner sponsored by Nomadic Star Travel owners for group was outstanding. Service impeccable!”Dallas & Pat P. (Port Orange, FL)
“Brenda expertly arranged everything for a seamless vacation! We greatly appreciate her attention to detail and her availability by text, email, phone, and in person to meet our needs. Brenda took the stress out of planning a vacation so we could relax and have a wonderful time together. Thank you so much Brenda.”
Dr. L. Surles (Greenville, NC)
“Nomadic Star Travel Agency provided their excellent services for my group trip to the Bahamas via Carnival Cruise lines. With their services we were able to obtain flexible payment plans, conveniently have our staterooms located near each other, and a hassle free planning experience. Not only did we use their travel services they most importantly built a wonderful relationships with us! Nomadic Star Travel Agency is the way to go! We will be using their expertise in traveling in the near future!”D. Day (Arlington, VA)
“Nomadic Star Travel provided us with outstanding TLC in the planning of our cruise on the Oceania cruise ship, Marina. For almost one year before the cruise, we were contacted about upgrades and other information relevant to making our travel experience including the flights and cruise to Greece, Italy, France, and Spain, a carefree one. Congratulations and thanks to Brenda and James Fairfax, owners, for an excellent travel experience.”Glen & Betty S. (Yeadon, PA)
“I used Nomadic Star Travel on my last trip. The service I received was outstanding. I got prompt service, competitive pricing, and staff went the extra step to ensure my total satisfaction and enjoyment while traveling.”K. Greaves (Alexandria, VA)
“Nomadic Star Travel guided our school through the entire planning process. They were essential in providing a great educational trip at an affordable cost.”S. Jones (Greenville, NC)
“I travel to Poland every 6 months for several years. Since I started getting very friendly help from Nomadic Star Travel all my problems with making reservations disappeared. Thank you.”M.S. (Greenville, NC)
“We were very happy with Nomadic Star Travel. Brenda knew which cruise would be perfect for us and made all the arrangements. All we had to do was show up. Brenda went above and beyond to be sure all our questions were answered and expectations were met. She even checked in with us while we were on the cruise to be sure we were having a good time. We had a fabulous time and look forward to the next cruise booked through Nomadic Star Travel. P.S. If you like smooth jazz music, have Brenda sign you up for the Smooth Jazz Cruise. Amazing!”L. Gies & C. Finfrock (Tucson, AZ)
“I really did not know what to expect, but I can tell you I was never caught off guard or lost sight of important developments during the booking process. … The cruise was wonderful and I have Nomadic Star Travel to thank!”Barby J. (Alexandria, VA)
“Nomadic Star Travel took care of my airline reservations promptly. All I had to do was provide the payment information … all was handled with ease. I will certainly use NST again … courteous, professional personnel.”Carolyn J. (Montclair, NJ)
“Nomadic Star Travel booked several cabins on the 2010 Smooth Jazz Cruise for me. Rest assured, NST personnel will keep you updated. [They] displayed exceptional energy and drive. I will not hesitate to contact in the future for future cruises.”Norma J. (Ft. Washington, MD)
“Our last minute travel plans to the all-inclusive Runaway Breezes Resort in Jamaica were made so quickly with Nomadic Star. Service was superb! Definitely plan to contact them for future travel needs.”Franklin M. ( Alexandria, VA)