Nomadic Star Travel, LLC welcomes the opportunity to service your travel requests. We know creating an unforgettable travel experience begins with making the first day of your vacation a memorable one. Thanks to our clients and the referrals they sent our way. We know you book with us for our customer service, expertise, price, and the personal relationship and again, we are appreciative.
Even the travel industry continues to embrace a new normal characterized by rapid shifts in service and unpredictable disruptions, travel advisors have become an ally for Black travelers seeking assistance in navigating continued uncertainty both at home and abroad. We at Nomadic Star Travel, LLC know that Black travelers prefer to travel in groups and visit destinations specific to Black heritage. Black travelers have purchasing power that is hard to deny. According to a 2021 MMGY study, Black American travelers spent $20.2 billion on international leisure trips and $109.4 billion on domestic leisure trips in 2019. Some of the most popular destinations and perceived safety and acceptance include Dubai, Greece, Ghana, Portugal, Panama, Colombia and the Caribbean.
Hours for Nomadic Star Travel, LLC
- Monday-Thursday, 9:00am-5:00pm
- Friday, 9:00am-4:00pm
- We close for lunch noon-1:00
- Closed all federal holidays and weekends.
Service Fee: Some of you ask, “Does Nomadic Star Travel, LLC charge a service fee?” The answer is “Yes.” This is how we are compensated for the time we devote to your individual travel request to ensure we are giving the client(s) exactly what was requested. In the past, we have provided detailed quotes on travel requests to only discover our quotes are used to compare with other agencies, and never receive the business. This is one of the reasons we ask questions when we receive your travel request: These questions include: (1) What is your budget? (2) Are your passports current? (3) What gateway (airport) will you depart? (4) If travel to an all-inclusive resort, are you interested in a family resort, or all-adult resort?
Contact Us: When you submit your request through the Contact Us tab, travel advisors at Nomadic Star Travel, LLC will follow-up with your travel request(s). We send an email with the questions and request confirmation and authorization to continue with your request.
E-mail is the most utilized means of communication by our travel advisors, but we also put pen to paper and send letters through the postal system. Our emails are concise and direct. Our rule of replying to your emails is within 24 business hours, unless we are on travel.
Travel, Accident and Baggage Insurance: Nomadic Star Travel, LLC sells travel, accident and baggage insurance on all travel booked through the agency. This insurance protects the agency and the client. The cost of insurance is based on the client’s age, cost of trip and destination. Insurance should be purchased within 15 days of deposit which covers pre-existing conditions. According to a recent study by visitorscoverage.com 79% of travelers are more likely to buy insurance than in recent years from a random sampling.
Group Travel with Nomadic Star Travel, LLC We are pleased to travel with your group (minimum of 15 guests) to these destinations. All logistics will be handled by the agency. Guests should have passports that are valid for a minimum of six (6) months after your last day in that country. Please be prepared to listen to your travel advisor BEFORE applying for a visa. Zoom sessions with client participation are schedule at least three times to ensure all questions are answered. Some countries accept visas once you arrive, while others want you to get the visas directly from them, so please follow the guidance. Now is the time to think about graduation travel and family travel.
- Dubai/Abu Dhabi (November 2023) SOLD OUT
- South Africa (January 6, 2024) SOLD OUT
- Egypt (March 13, 2024)
- Mediterranean cruise, July 2024
- Canada/New England Cruise (September 19, 2024)
- Israel (November 2024) … more information forthcoming
- Morocco, 2025 … more information forthcoming
- New Orleans, Louisiana, 2025
- Black Hills and Badlands of South Dakota … more information forthcoming
- Theater productions on Broadway (New York) … more information forthcoming
Travel for Students: We have booked international travel for students studying abroad from various colleges and universities, and once the colleges and universities begin sending students to study abroad again, we are prepared for their business.
MICE: Organizations if you are interested in hosting your Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, Exhibits (MICE) onboard your favorite cruise line, contact Nomadic Star Travel, LLC handles the logistics. You can host your MICE during the day and spend your evenings with family, friends and co-workers onboard.
Leisure travel is back, and as travelers make their plans for upcoming spring and summer travel, they can expect to see airfares increasing. This is pushed by seasonal demand inflation and oil price spikes. New routes are expanding as both American and foreign airlines aim to encourage a return to international travel.
Did you know …
- The US Virgin Islands (St. Thomas, St. Croix, and St. John) has something for everyone to enjoy? You can feel at home in the tropics. Think about scheduling your getaway. Passports are not required when visiting this US Virgin Island!
- Carnival in St Croix is December 30, 2023-January 6, 2024
- Royal Caribbean’s Icon of the Seas arrives in 2024?
- Disney Cruise Line is to open a new island destination named Lighthouse Point on the island of Eleuthera in The Bahamas in summer 2024? Lighthouse Point will offer multiple amenities for both families and adults.
- Cruisers’ preferences for sitting at tables with strangers, including table sizes is a concern? Cruise passengers should visit the dining room early on embarkation day to have the chief steward confirm table assignments and accommodate last-minute requests. The demand has driven an increase in the number of tables for two in the main dining rooms on the company’s ships. It’s also a good time to confirm any dietary restrictions or requests. Cruise lines typically list this in their daily programs for embarkation day.
- Supply chain issues will slow the delivery of Norwegian Cruise Line’s third and fourth Prima-class ships. The ships have not been named yet and are currently delayed by four to five months each.
- Silver Sea brought Crystal Endeavor in July and Crystal fans will be happy to know that a good number of Crystal Endeavor employees have stayed on Silver Sea, including the Captain and his staff which brings a sense of continuity to the service and ship’s operations?
- Germany will impose a new sales tax on travel services which will make it more expensive and harder to sell Germany?
- River cruise brands bolster offerings for families? Families are more determined than ever to see the world together as multigenerational travel continues to be a leading trend in 2023.
- Uniworld, Adventures by Disney and Emerald have new offerings for families this year.
- Tauck sees growth and interest in its family sailings.
Affordable Destinations for 2024
- Egypt – The Egyptian Pound has skyrocketed this year and that means touring the Pyramids, cruising the Nile, exploring Cairo, Aswan, and Alexandria has never been more affordable. Nomadic Star Travel, LLC and its clients departed Washington, DC Dulles International Airport on December 6 and returned on December 20, 2022 for 14 breathtaking, wonderful days in Egypt. We are awaiting the official opening of the Grand Egyptian Museum, and it appears the museum will open in 2024, and we are planning at visit Egypt again. The new openings, St. Regis Cairo and the beach villas at Four Seasons Hotel Alexandria might just be on your bucket list also.
- Vietnam – We recommend a trip to Vietnam. We visited Vietnam in 2016. There are plenty of countries in Southeast Asia which are great deals for dollar carriers right now. Vietnam is recommended because of the steadily increasing exchange rate, and the country’s mind-blowing beauty.
- Brazil is a good place to visit if you do not want to break the bank. Rio de Janeiro is the most obvious place to spend time and money with incredible hotels. Do not forget Sao Paulo where a younger generation has introduced hip galleries, museums, and bars to several long-neglected neighborhoods. We have been blessed as we visited Brazil, Uruguay and Argentina a few years ago … wonderful experience.
- Argentina – The Argentine peso is currently at an all-time high. Some added benefits for American travelers to the country? In 2016, the Argentine government removed the $160 “reciprocity fee” for U.S. citizens and announced that foreigners would be able to get a refund for the 21 percent value-added tax on hotel stays (which happens automatically at the time of billing).
- South Africa – The value of the South African rand has fluctuated a lot over the past few years, but we are happy with where it is today. (To compare, one U.S. dollar only got you 8.57 ZAR ten years ago.) Stretch those bucks on the Test Kitchen’s 21-course tasting menu in Cape Town, and then head into the wilderness at Singita Castleton Lodge in the Sabi Sand game reserve.
Airfare Quote Unless you are ready to book your flight, please do not ask for a quote, as the quote given will change in seconds by the airline. If you are requesting group travel, please know, the number of travelers are required at time of request so airline can book group space. Once group space is requested, the airline will require the names of all travelers, a deposit, and final payment date will also be provided.
All-inclusive Resorts – All-inclusive resorts include airfare, lodging, your transfers to/from airport (once you arrive your destination), meals, activities at resort. A deposit is required for adults at time of booking. Please inform us if you are interested in an all-adult or family resort. We strongly encourage the purchase of insurance.
Passports – There is a delay in getting new passports, and renewing passports. Please, if you have a passport, check the expiration date. You can renew the passports online. Remember, for international travel, passports must be valid for at least six months from the last day of travel. We will not book airline tickets without having a copy of the physical passport as it cost to change names and other information once ticketed.
Interested in Scenic Train Rides? These rides can be a meditative experience with the vibration of the tracks, comfortable seats, and peaceful views. The summer and winter were rife with flight delays and jam-packed airports, not to mention the high gas prices.
Although the United States lags Europe and Asia in high-speed train infrastructure, it does not mean that there isnot value in slowing down and enjoying America’s fair share of supremely scenic train rides. Please contact us if these train trips interest you please.
Grand Canyon Railway departs from Williams, Arizona and weaves past forests of ponderosa pine and parts of the Sonoran Desert into the heart of canyon country where you will spend the day exploring before boarding a return trip just in time for sunset.
The Rocky Mountaineer nearly all-glass cabins allow guests full view of the mountainous landscapes of Western Canada and the red rock wonders of Colorado and Southern Utah aboard this luxurious train. The most recently launched itinerary takes passengers from Denver to Moab, Utah where guests can take in the views in style with a cocktail in hand.
Please if interested in traveling in luxury with Rocky Mountaineer, please contact Nomadic Star Travel, LLC regarding Journey Through the Clouds … the Canadian Rockies, a must and we recommend traveling with Gold Star Service. This experience is unmatched … you will not be disappointed.